Black Widow

Black Widow

Black Widow was made with fabric painted SHIELD badges on a stretch fabric costume. The belt buckle and bracelets were hand-carved. The rest of the buckles, the gun and the holsters were 3D printed.

duct tape Wolverine with X23


The duct tape Wolverine X-Men Uniform is around 90% tape (all duct / duck tape) - silver inside, black outside and clear to hold the orange string. The other 10% is foam, velcro, string, buckles, leather gloves/boots and cast resin claws. Wolverine was the winner of the Polaris 2010 novice division and workmanship awards.

the making of Wolverine costume

3D printed tape iron man

Iron Man

My 1st and 2nd version of my Iron Man armor were based on bristol board covered in red/gold duct tape. The 2nd one used pepakura for better shaping and replaced some pieces with foam for more flexibility/durability. The Arc Reactor was custom made with LEDs, cast arc ring and optional battery compartment back (4AAA). The 3rd version is mostly made out of 3D printed parts, using the Roan X helmet for now.

the making of Iron Man costume

copyright symbol All images copyright Rob Emery

Back to Costumes